Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 51

Thread: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

  1. #31
    Inactive Member imported_JLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2004
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

    You'd be suprised.. there is kids like this all over, You just have no idea of it.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member Seventy4's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

    You would be surprised.

    I witnessed a total of 4 guns at my high school. 2 on one day, and the other two just random events. They were pistols, 2 .22s, a .38 and a .32 Really freaked me out.

    There was also a shooting involving 3 students, but not at school thank God.

    Crazy stuff happens, and it doesn't just happen on TV.

    All I can say is be safe and pray hard.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

    Im surprised something like this has happened around here

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Seventy4's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

    Oh how soon we forget. I guess some people would rather sweep it under the rug than deal with it. It was always my teachers' way to deal with things.

  5. #35
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

    I read the article and i will say this. Anymore when a child at school makes a threat, someone better watch, listen and take it seriously.
    If this is the same kid i heard about on a news story. His father committed suicide and his mother has been hospitalized for some time. His grandparents were raising him. That seems to be a big thing any more.
    Just recently there was the 12 or 15 yr old kid who killed his grandparents and burned their house and bodies? Then took their car and drove off. The Zoloft Case?

    As best i recall from the news i heard today, it said this kid had said this several times. That he would do what was done.

    All i can say is to all the kids out there or who post or read, if someone says it, and seem unhappy or clearly capable to do something like this.
    Mention it to people at your school. This is becoming something that should not become, in all words something popular.

    Not being liked or popular is no reason to go and kill other innocent people.
    Things need to be changed in our schools nationwide. Bullying and other tactics are out of hand. I myself look before long.
    That it will become very common for walk through metal detectors, frequent locker checks and drug dogs. And that even local.

    One problem that concerns me. A child like the one who did this. Can pop up at any school. Sometimes people need to listen and look for warning signs. When a kid gets to this point to kill someone else, the idea of killing themselves is no longer a concern to them.

    Bullying is unacceptable at any age or level in school. This does not condone what this child did. It was evident he had this preplanned, as he had talked about it many times.
    Kids your lives. Your schools, your friends. You know someone who is at that point. Report them. You may not only help them, but save your own life, and many others.

    This is something that cannot be deemed acceptable or condoned because of bullying. If that was the case it would happen way more often than just a few isolated cases. Problem is it sends signals to other children like this one. If i can't deal with it, or i can't get help, i'll take matters into my own hands.

    Like i said to those in schools. Your lives, your friends, your schools. You see or hear things. Report it. You may save someone, including yourself, and your friends.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member 33_phs_33's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 19th, 2005
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

    (if that is the same case)
    I know he would be having a hard time..his dad killed himself and his mother not being around...but he killed the people that took him and and started taking care of him...
    I dont agree with the fact that someone said they had it coming to them..how and why would they have that coming to them? im sure they loved their grandson to death or they wouldn't have took him in..But i also believe he had to have a reason for doing this..not saying he should have done this for any reason...but no one just goes off like that and starts shooting people..I think the dumbest thing he did, was when he shot himself.. Never choose a permanent solution to a temporary problem..

  7. #37
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

    In these days, and some say, "Last Days," you must treat each and every threat as the real thing. You can't ignore anything. I see troubled kids everyday and they are troubled for one reason or another. I have several kids riding my bus who are in foster care. They have good foster parents, but they are still troubled. Many grandparents are also taking care of kids today. What has happened to our society? Well, for one, ACLU, the American Court System, and the total lack of caring. Folks really don't care anymore. As you can tell, I am not a fan of the ACLU nor the Court System. Read through the FYI columns in your newspaper. Folks receiving unsupervised probation which means what. Really nothing. Lack of supervision was probably the cause of the problem in the first place. Many parents take the easy way and just let their kids do as they wish. It is harder to say no sometimes. Also I have seen teachers do the same thing. They say things like, "they won't like me if I make them do this or that." I have always felt that the ones that really matter will like you no matter what. I used to think I could save them all, then as the years progressed I realized it couldn't be done. Even the Lord won't save them all. There has to be a want to in there somewhere.

    Enought preaching for tonight. Have to get to bed so I can ger JLR to school tomorrow.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  8. #38
    Inactive Member Seventy4's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

    Have to agree with you. You can't save them all, but I swear if I could save just one, I would feel like I had done something.

    I thought I had made progress with one kid, had him going to school, paying attention, doing well, then he just goes back to his same old habits, and even worse ones. He's now in juvenile detention in Bristol, and I swear it breaks my heart.

  9. #39
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

    I was a jock and popular, yet never wanted or tried to be. There is no excuse for what this kid did nor is their any motive, they are trying to say he is a skin head sympathizer or something to that effect. Its not what he read, not what he watched, nor what he listened too. No one could have stopped this short of killing him before hand.
    So sad when mental illness is masked.

  10. #40
    Inactive Member 33_phs_33's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 19th, 2005
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

    I could not disagree more when people try to blame killings on music, games, etc..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •